An on-pack campaign design to follow up Ariel’s successful TV ad and to ecourage more children to get involved in tennis
- The idea of Ariel ‘Championship whites’ began life as a TV commercial supported by PR and an on-pack flash.
- It was successful enough to merit a more integrated follow-up and the campaign saw Ariel achieve No.1 status over Persil for the first time in 10 years.
- The campaign went on-pack with an offer of free tennis lessons. This promotion was supported on TV and in-store and also by a nationwide PR campaign in which Ariel searched for the tennis champions of the future.
- More than 100,000 children were encouraged to get involved in tennis.
- The brand achieved No.1 status again and the ‘Championship whites’ initiative is now one of the most respected campaigns in Procter & Gamble’s history